Sunday, February 6, 2011

Finding Time...


With the rush of the holidays past, I'm finding that I still have little post-it-notes to myself that say: "Thank You's, for...." and a list of names of those people who were so thoughtful and kind to blessed us with wonderful gifts.  Are you experiencing the same thing? Is it hard to find the time to sit down and write out your Thank You cards? 

Having lots to do, I can give myself excuses for why I haven't completed that task.....my husband works two jobs, I homeschool three of our six children, I help my aging parents with keeping track of things, I have a small notecard business, one of my daughters is getting married this Summer and I have wedding prep things to do, oh and did I mention my other daughter who is graduating and is looking at college applications...then there is....

As I have been pondering my schedule lately, I'm starting to realize that I need to pro-actively schedule the things that are important to me. Letting my family and friends know how much I appreciated their gifts and love toward me is important.
And then there are Birthdays, Anniversaries, Graduations, Celebrations, Deaths....I need to make the time.

Would I ignore an appointment that I've made for the Doctor or Dentist? No! I would not schedule anything else during that time. I would make sure that I am all set to go and I would go. Nothing would stand in the way (except an emergency or bad weather!).

So I have concluded that I need to "make an appointment for myself" , write it on the calendar and not schedule anything else in that place.

What day works for you? For me, I was thinking Sunday afternoon might make a good time slot. I'm planning on setting aside an hour or so appointment, so that I will no longer be kicking myself for not getting it done.

You know, getting rid of that mental weight feels good! What is more important than "building" up the people I love and care about?
Do you have a plan? Why not share your thoughts in the comment section! I would love to hear what is working for you!

Warmly,
Karen

Interested in the embossed Nasturtium Bouquet cards? Let me know and I will list some just for you!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, question or suggestion...