Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Beauty is in the details...


While my children were outside they found these small flowers in my garden beds. I have seen the leaves of this wild ground cover but never saw the flowers. Aren't they pretty? Look at the delicate detail on each petal.



I thought it would be fun to press them and see how they would do. You will notice below, they did quite well! I use the Microfleur flower press. This is a flower press that goes right into your microwave. If you are interested in pressing flowers or small leaves, Spring and Fall are the perfect time to find them.


3 comments:

  1. Karen,
    I wanted to take a moment to 'thank you' for the wonderful cards you made and had printed. I can't think of anything lovelier! It attention to details is what impressed me. My daughter opened the package and loved them, too.
    You asked for suggestions...but I can't think of anything I would change! The scripture on the back is perfect (and I love having the Word of God on things to help me meditate through the day).
    Let's comment trade and we can follow each other that way.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another thought...do you know the name of these delightful little flowers? I've never seen them before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacqueline!
    I'm so happy that you liked them! I love detail! :)
    The packaging was okay? I ordered some stickers from MOO that I will be using toward the packaging, once I get them. I have been trying to build a "brand". Being consistent is important.
    I had to go look up the flower. I believe it is a speedwell. There are three different varieties in my field book...Corn Speedwell, Common Speedwell and Thyme-leaved Speedwell. My best guess is that it is the Common Speedwell. :)
    One of my greatest joys is finding the tiniest flowers and seeing the small colorful strokes of color that the Lord added to their middles. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, question or suggestion...