Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Quick and Easy Special Gift

A few years ago my sister and her husband requested that we take a piece of paper and just have everyone draw on it as their Christmas present...it didn't happen. In the rush of things, we didn't think of it when the time came. So this year, we were wondering what to give them and that idea came back, but with some nicer results!


This is the picture of "Spring" done by my daughter, Noelle...


Next comes, "Summer" drawn by my other very talented daughter, Annie!



Thirdly, is "Winter" drawn by my young man, Joel!



The fourth season, "Fall" was my contribution...


Bringing us to the final result! A nicely framed collection of hand-drawn pictures to grace the wall! All you need is a nice picture frame, some drawing paper, crayons, colored pencils, paints, markers...whatever you would like to draw with and then pray and ask the Lord for some delightfully, creative way to display each drawing. Besides a really nice gift for someone special, you also spend time creating together!

For those of you who homeschool, when I was putting together my plans for this new school year, I scheduled Wednesdays as my "fun" day. It is the day that we work on all the "extras" like Art, Music, Gym, Reading aloud...so we were working on this project during our art time making this a great art project, too.

How about you, what creative projects have you been working on?
This post is linked up with Encourage One Another at my friend Jacque's lovely blog,"Deep Roots at Home" please click on the button above to visit her blog and to see the other blogs that have linked up! Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderfully Blessed Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. That is just beautiful... Noelle, Joel, and Annie are just as gifted as their Mama! Such a wonderful gift to do together. I would love it if you share this with 'EOA' Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Jacque! These pictures were done a few years ago and my children have definitely grown in their drawing abilities since then. :) It was a special time of drawing together and it helped to have a theme to work with.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, question or suggestion...