Tuesday, September 25, 2012

3 New Designs - "Picture Window"

I've been working on this new series of cards I call "Picture Window". Here is the group of three designs that I think look very elegant. I don't know if you can see the embossed border that frames each picture, but I think it is quite pretty!

All of my cards are made by me from start to finish. The only piece that is done outside of my home is the prints of my original designs.  The printer I have is a black and white Canon laser.

All the borders have been done with a decorative stencil, light table and stylus. The only time I use an embossing machine (Big Shot) is for an overall design on a sheet or border for my designs.

Garden Birch, Blue Wood, and Terra Cotta Floral

All three designs are original watercolor painting with pressed leaves and flowers attached to complete the picture.





With each design, I include a 100% cotton, embossed inner sheet making a nicer writing surface and more space for letter writing. I glue down the front of the sheet leaving four pages for writing! All of my cards, unless otherwise noted, measure 4 1/2" x 6" and come with an A6 (4 3/4" x 6 1/2") envelope.

Have you seen what new items I have in the shop lately? All through the month of September, I have added a new design each week. I am trying to keep that going through the month of October as well!

This week I will be adding Garden Birch! :)

Leave me a comment letting me know what design you like best! :)

Thank you for supporting my hand-made notecards and stationery business!


3 comments:

  1. Karen, The 'Picture Window' series of cards are beautiful; they exceeded my expectations to hold them and enjoy the subtle, and not so subtle colors, of the creation. I am looking forward to doing the giveaway pretty soon. Thank you for all you do art-wise and to encourage community and friendships.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! The series *IS* beautiful!
    Also, I forgot to mention something that surprised me...I re-read that you put on the border yourself! And that is the Big Shot embosser you spoke of? I am impressed. Is it your design, as well? Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacqueline! Thanks so much for your feedback on the cards. My hope is that each card will show the time and thought I put into it and it will be thought of as a "quality" card and design.
    Actually, the border on these is done by hand with a light table and stylus using one of the Anne Griffin stencil borders. Also, the inside sheet is hand-embossed with my light table and stylus as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, question or suggestion...