Monday, March 31, 2014

Life sure gets busy...

It has been a little while since I've written here. Life can certainly become busy, don't you think? I have been working at "catching up" from last year. Unfortunately, my elderly parents had a very stressful year with their health and my sister and I needed to drop a few things to make sure that they were cared for.
We are in a better place now! They are able to live at home and they have a few wonderful women coming in on a daily basis to take care of their basic needs and transport them to appointments. This is a great blessing!

So, with that said, I'm sure you wonder if I had time to work on any new designs. A little sketch here or there was done....Oh, and toward the end of the year, my daughter got married! You know what goes into all of that!!!

Okay, I will post a few of the things I managed to squeeze in here and there! :)



This is a multimedia piece combining chalk, color pencil, ink and pressed leaves. These leaves came from a wild rose vine that I found in our yard. There are so many different types of leaves that can be used to add dimension to a piece.


At the bottom of the same multimedia piece I attached some smaller pressed flowers and leaves.  Made them a little more like a taller stand of flowers.


This design was a commissioned piece for another Etsy shop. It was a fun diversion from all that was happening with my parents, to come up with a design.
I started by combing Google for images of top hats and images for gloves that could be combined into a picture like you see. There were plenty of hats, but most of the pictures of gloves showed them side by side.

I wish I had more to share here but this is it for now.  If you have a topic that you would like to see here, or you have questions, leave me a comment! I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

Blessings,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, question or suggestion...